Clemyjontri Park was created to be a place "Where Every Child Can Play..." and truly, it is.
They say it better than I can:
This park is a place where children who use wheelchairs, walkers or braces, or who have sensory or developmental disabilities, can have a parallel playground experience of fun and exploration. At CLEMYJONTRI....
- Ramps connect structures
- Swings have high backs, arm rests and special safety features
- Rubber surfacing allows wheelchairs to roll easily
- Lowered monkey bars provide easy access
- Equipment is designed to be sensory rich so all children can participate with peers
- Wider openings allows easy access to play structures
Notice how the carousel is level with the surface around it, making it easier to board.
And the maze (above) is so easy for kids to move around in, and all the surfaces are level, even and yet still soft for all those trips and spills.
Each of the play spaces has so many ways to experience it. Most have at least one ramp entrance, the surfaces promote all kinds of engagement from tactile to visual and beyond.
So if you find yourself in the DC area, don't miss Clemyjontri park.
6317 Georgetown PikeMcLean, Virginia 22101