Sunday, June 20, 2010

Guest Post: Swish Bag by the Busy Bug

Today, I'm honored to feature my first guest post. Our guest is going to show us how to make swish bags, a project she found and directed the production on.

First a bit about Bug, she is my 6 year old daughter. She finishes kindergarten this week, just had her 3rd dance recital, loves playing outside and working on projects whenever she gets the chance.

Take it away Bug.



This morning I found this book of princess projects.


I decided to make one of these swish bags. I liked the one gold one on the bottom the best.


Materials:
  • Brown paper bag
  • scrap book paper
  • Scissors
  • Cricut or paper circle paper punch
  • glue stick
  • velcro
 Paper bag and we cut a bunch of circles on her cricut.



Cut the top of the bag off.

Cut a triangle with a flap on the bottom out of craft paper:

Put glue on the flap:

Put the flap on the back of the bag:

Start gluing the circles on the bag:

Cut the top off of any circles that overlap the top of the bag so that the flap can close.


Turn the bag around and glue the circles on the back of the bag:

Decorate the flap if you want:

Last, glue a piece of velcro to the inside of the flap and the front of the bag.
(Note from Mom: I clipped some of the velcro loops off to make the velcro much less strong for bug, otherwise when opening the bag I'm sure it would have ripped.)


Here is the finished bag:

And - don't forget to clean up!!!

Thanks for reading!


I can't tell you how much fun I had helping Bug with this project and this post. She had such a good time, I guess after the year and half of watching me blog my way through projects the blogging finally wore off.

I think these little bags would make great gift bags, treat bags and even bags for teacher appreciate gifts.

Keep your eye out for more guest posts from the Busy Bug!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic job! It turned out so pretty. You are so right, it would be perfect for little gifts or treats. I'm visiting you with keeping it simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I'm really impressed that your 6 year old put together a tutorial! I still struggle with them and I'm 29! Good job Bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did a great job! I think my granddaughter would like that book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute - your daughter and the project! Thanks for dropping by Atticmag and commenting on JaneF's Met Monday Fishing Camp Style House.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails