Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bridesmaids Jewelry

I was so flattered, and a bit terrified, to be asked to design and create the jewelry for the bridesmaids in an upcoming wedding. The bride and I went to pick out the materials last week, and tomorrow I'm showing her the "1st draft."

This won't be what the girls wear, this was just a starting point so that we had something to work from. Which means I'll likely get to keep this one - something I'm not at all disappointed about.

The necklace has a black satin ribbon that ties behind the neck with 3 strands of cream, champaign and beige glass beads. One strand is straight strung on wire, another has the beads on eye pins attached to a silver chain and the third has the beads strung on a silk rope with hand tied knots between them...






The hand tied strand. My first attempt at something like this. 



I'm really nervous about showing this to her tomorrow - do me a favor and cross your fingers that she likes it. 

4 comments:

  1. The necklace is very beautiful. Stop worrying. You did a great job hand tying the beads. That must have taken quite a bit of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo pretty!!! I bet she love it!! :) I saw you over at The Girl Creative today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get the word out about a new site offering free giveaways every week. I would love to do an advertisement exchange with you. Check out my new site and email me if you are interested.

    Weekly Giveaway

    mmprecious@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails