With all that I did in his room that I had to spend money on, quilt, paint, silver tape... I was determined to have projects that were just using what I had on hand, both to save money AND to use up some of the things that have been doing nothing but taking up space.
So I started with the boxes, paint and brushes:
You'll see I didn't have the right brown for the basket ball, I had to mix red, a touch of black and yellow to get the right blend.
When dry, I lightly penciled in the lines that make these not sphere shapes more identifiable as what they are intended to be, balls.
Ad then I painted them... that is really about it.
I'll add a coat of varnish once the paint has fully cured. That is one thing I've learned when it come to craft paint - if it isn't completely dry when you coat it with varnish, it runs and smears.
Now baby bear has the perfect places to keep his treasures without having them take over his room. When the boxes fill up - then it's time to pick what can be pitched.