Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Orleans Inspired Vase

One of the things I loved in New Orleans was the iron works. I decided to bring a little of that to our house with the help of my cricut, some vinyl and a vase.

I started with this image from our trip:


Then I created a version of the pattern on my computer:


And sent it over to the cricut:


After the cutting completed I weeded out the negative spaces:



Then I removed the backing from contact paper:


And then burnished it down on top of the remaining vinyl.


After the contact paper was secured to the vinyl I pulled up both layers releasing the vinyl from it's backing.


The two layers were applied to the vase and then burnished so that the vinyl transferred to the vase.


And finally pulled off the contact paper and secured any lose edges of the vinyl to the vase.


So now I've got a fabulous little vase that reminds me of our trip.


2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Very dramatic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the olden day grill style that the design is chosen...looks very good any way you shape it.The vase int his case look so good and unusual in it's color and design and will so remind you of the trip. RTA Cabinets Ventura

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails