Monday, July 11, 2011

Bruschetta Tortilla Pizza

I know, I haven't blogged in forever... long story for another day.

My creativity has been diverse lately, going into a lot of new areas for me - but mostly, recipes. Which is odd. Generally, I'm not creative with food. But 6+ months on weight watchers, I've gotten creative with my meals and have had requests to share my recipes. Here is the first:



Ingredients: 

  • Tortilla of choice - 1 per pizza 
    There are so many options, if you're on WW, you can find them for between 2-4 points per tortilla. They've got options for low fat, low salt, low carb. Go with what works for you.
  • Tomato sauce - 2-3 tbsp per pizza 
  • Diced roma tomato - 1 per pizzaIf I were making this for guests, I'd peel and seed the tomato, for myself, I don't bother. 
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese - 1 oz per pizza  
  • Fresh basil - 4 leaves per pizza 
  • Garlic clove (minced) - 1 per pizza
  • Olive oil - 1 tsp per pizza
  • Balsamic vinegar - 1 tsp per pizza
  • Kosher salt - 1 pinch per pizza
Servings: 1 tortilla pizza per serving.

Instructions:
  1. Place tortilla on baking sheet and bake for 2-4 minutes at 425° in oven or toaster oven to get it just a bit crispy. (I'm a big toaster oven fan...)
  2. Prepare bruschetta topping by combining the diced tomato, basil, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 of the mozzarella and salt in a bowl and set aside.
  3. Remove tortilla from oven and spread the tomato sauce over the tortilla 
  4. Top with brushetta and remaining cheese
  5. Bake for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly browned around the edges. 
  6. Slice into 6 wedges and enjoy!
I'm able to make these for roughly 7 points per serving. WW point values will vary depending on your ingredients so be sure to use your point calculator or recipe builder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails