My creativity has been diverse lately, going into a lot of new areas for me - but mostly, recipes. Which is odd. Generally, I'm not creative with food. But 6+ months on weight watchers, I've gotten creative with my meals and have had requests to share my recipes. Here is the first:
- Tortilla of choice - 1 per pizza
There are so many options, if you're on WW, you can find them for between 2-4 points per tortilla. They've got options for low fat, low salt, low carb. Go with what works for you.
- Tomato sauce - 2-3 tbsp per pizza
- Diced roma tomato - 1 per pizzaIf I were making this for guests, I'd peel and seed the tomato, for myself, I don't bother.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - 1 oz per pizza
- Fresh basil - 4 leaves per pizza
- Garlic clove (minced) - 1 per pizza
- Olive oil - 1 tsp per pizza
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 tsp per pizza
- Kosher salt - 1 pinch per pizza
Servings: 1 tortilla pizza per serving.
- Place tortilla on baking sheet and bake for 2-4 minutes at 425° in oven or toaster oven to get it just a bit crispy. (I'm a big toaster oven fan...)
- Prepare bruschetta topping by combining the diced tomato, basil, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 of the mozzarella and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove tortilla from oven and spread the tomato sauce over the tortilla
- Top with brushetta and remaining cheese
- Bake for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly browned around the edges.
- Slice into 6 wedges and enjoy!
I'm able to make these for roughly 7 points per serving. WW point values will vary depending on your ingredients so be sure to use your point calculator or recipe builder.