Monday, April 19, 2010

Branch Trivets

I'm going to go out on a limb here and hope that my future Sister-in-law does not read my blog... I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know I have a blog so I think I'm safe.

Anyway, my little Brother-in-Law is getting married in May, and their wedding shower is next weekend. Actually, I posted the invitations I made for her shower a few months ago.

I found this bowl on their registry and I knew I could do a little more with it:

I had these cork trivets that I picked up, pictured are 3, I ended up using 2:

I wasn't able to do a tutorial of this one, my son was my helper and that made it nearly impossible to have "help" from him, make these AND take pictures.

A brief recap:
  • Cut contact paper on my cricut in in the shape of branches
  • Applied those to the cork trivits
  • Spray painted over them with flat black spray paint. This proved to be a bit more difficult as the contact paper decided that this was the right time to let go... I had to work fast.
  • Removed the contact paper and ta-da....

They didn't turn out quite how I imagined, but I think they work and compliment the bowl.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails