Thursday, October 7, 2010

Made 2 Match: Coasters

What would a napkin series be without a coaster feature. They are a go to project for repurposing napkins. So much so that I wasn't sure about including them here, but I really loved the way this collection turned out.



Materials:


  • Tiles
  • Mod Podge
  • Lovely Napkin, that yes, you've separated down to only the printed layer... 
  • Foam Brush
  • Cork or felt 

Step 1 - Have your helper coat the tiles with mod podge.


Step 2 - Apply the napkin to the tile and then coat with at least 2 coats of Mod podge. And of course varnish if you like.




Step 3 - Put the cork on the bottom of the coaster so that you're not saving your surface from water, but ruining it with the tile.


And there you go - coasters. Here are just a few of the ones that I've created from the Vera napkins.









2 comments:

  1. These are very cute! What a great gift idea for a housewarming party or even as a stocking stuffer! I'll have to get myself some mod podge.I might try it with fabric scraps instead of napkins...goodness knows I have enough fabric scraps! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact you had a helper. I love this idea.Then again you had me at Mod Podge!I would love it if you postedthis project on my blog.@scrapaddict4sure.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails