Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Made 2 Match: Vase

I'm so happy I picked up a whole bunch of these vases when I found them on clearance for $2. I thought 6 was enough, but I only have 2 left. Thankfully, the first 3 are decorated with vinyl so in theory, I could remove the vinyl and start over.

This one - this one is mod podge and a lovely little napkin - undoing it is going to be a little more challenging but that's ok... because I don't want to.


Materials:

  • Ceramic vase
  • Mod podge
  • Scissors
  • Foam brush
  • Fabulous napkin - Mine is a Vera napkin, which makes sense since it is part of my Made to Match series...
Step 1 - Cut the napkin to feature the desired section of the napkin. 


Step 2 - Remove all but the unprinted layer from the napkin.


Step 3 - Prepare the vase with a coat of Mod Podge.



Step 4 - Apply the napkin to the vase and coat with another coat of mod podge and recoat several times.


Step 5 - Trim any excess napkin.


Coat with varnish if you like... and there you go, a Made 2 Match Vase!






Check back tomorrow for a tip about working with napkins in craft projects and don't miss Thursday when I'll feature my 3rd Made 2 Match Vera project.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! I see napkins all the time that I love but once they wipe the mouth at a party..they become a memory. Thanks for the GREAT idea!!! Hugs, Tara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails