So, I assembled some things from around the house:
- 3 black frames, they've formerly been the toile trio, and the heart art trio
- Paper from my stash of papers, I'm rather addicted to paper
- 3M dimensional mounting squares
As luck would, have it, the reverse of this paper was a fun lilac pattern, put the two together and I knew exactly what I was going to do.
Cut 3 squares of the lilac paper to fit the frames.
Cut out the butterflies and then silhouette them.
Next, put the lilac paper into the frames, I decided to apply the butterflies to the paper once they were in the frames so that the butterflies could overlap the edges of the frames.
And to help the 8 squares of foam mounting pieces I had, I cut each of them into quarters.
I simply applied the squares to the backs of the butterflies, sometimes stacking them so that the various butterflies would be at different depths.
And here is the finished butterfly trio:
This is the 3rd life for these little frames, not bad for $7.50... and this project, using supplies I already had on hand, cost me nothing!