Monday, March 22, 2010

Flip Flop Fail...

Well, this is embarrassing.

I've been dreaming of these flip flops since I saw Ashley's over on Make it and Love it.

I had everything I needed:

  • Flip flops
  • Velcro
  • Fabric
  • Scissors
  • Gorilla Glue (epoxy)
  • Tooth picks (to stir the epoxy)
  • Clothes pins (to hold the velcro while the epoxy dried)
And we're off... cut the velcro to apply to the flip flops:

I mixed the epoxy:

Applied the velcro to the flip flops and secured it with clips while I went to work on the straps.

And that is where the failure happened. It turns out Guerilla Glue is not the epoxy to use on this project, the velcro just did not hold and peeled right off when I removed the clips.

So... I'll be stocking up on epoxy this week to find exactly the right one to work. We must have these flip flops for the summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails