Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kitchen Renovation - Section 1 Budget

I've gotten a couple of questions on the budget for what we've done so far here, I've got some of the numbers scattered in different posts, but here they are in one place for this section. If you happen to have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know.


  1. Café Shelves - built from mostly reclaimed materials: $50
  2. Paint for wall: $20*
  3. Moving outlets from the floor, to above the counter, my fabulous husband did those, we just bought supplies: $10
  4. 3 base cabinets: $100 on Craigslist
  5. Wood for trash/recycling bin, plus hinges (some of the wood was reclaimed): $30
  6. Laminate counter top from Ikea: $69
  7. Primer, paint and paint sprayer for cabinets: $120*
* - These costs are part of the whole kitchen, so I don't really consider them part of section 1, budget is shown below both ways.

Total Cost if this was all we were doing: $389
Total Cost for this section taking into account future use of materials: $249

Either way you look at, I think we got a bargain.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails