We've completed section 2 of the kitchen, when we get to the after pictures here, you'll notice it might not look quite finished, but the finish work is going to come later. When removing the back splash, as we expected the wall sustained damage, rather than repairing it now, we are going to wait 'till we tackle section 3 and remove the remaining back splash then repair it all at the same time.
Also, we haven't added the trim, that will go on after the floor, or the hardware, that will be later so hardware for all 3 sections is done at the same time.
Ready to see the progression?
We removed the doors and drawers, they were sanded, primed and painted with a sprayer out in the garage:
In order to keep things moving as fast as possible, I put push pins on the back of the doors, so that the back could be painted, then the doors could be put right side up without the back touching the cardboard while wet.
Meanwhile, the frames were sanded, primed and painted with a roller inside, we decided to extend the white up onto the soffits to give the illusion that the cabinets were taller.
Also, I spray painted the hinges black:
We then replaced the counter top with the Ikea counter top, same as we used on section 1. I can't believe this entire section only cost $69!!!
Here is the after:
We still have a lot to do, but pulling this section together really makes so much of a difference!!!
I'll post some other details of this section in the next couple of days.