Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My favorite part of creativity is...

Sharing it with my children.

I've always been creative, I think in part because I saw creativity around me. My mom has been knitting, doing needle work, sewing, crocheting and other sorts of things all my life. And she always encouraged me to follow my creative spirit. I redecorated my bedroom, including painting, hanging wall paper, sewing window treatments and pillows before I was 16.

As I was working on a painting a few weeks ago, there was Bug beside me, painting away on her own project.

I love sharing creativity with my kids. I think it is so important for them to see all that we try to do, especially when our results don't turn out as we expected. While making our fireplace cover, there was Bug, right beside me, holding down the fabric, smoothing the wrinkles and watching me realize what was and what wasn't going to work.

Here are a few of her projects from the early days.

I was painting a flower pot, Bug was decorating one with stickers.



Addressing her own thank you notes:


A St. Patrick's Day Wreath

St. Patrick's Day shamrock:

I'm pretty sure that Bug will be redecorating her room any day now. She loves household projects and I love seeing her interest in making her world around her more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails