Saturday, August 15, 2009

My husband's bathroom

So maybe my husbands love of Syracuse isn't quite confined to the rec room. It does spill over into one other room just off the rec room.

Our basement bathroom.


I can't really take too much credit for this room. Much of it was a gift from my mom and my mother-in-law to my husband for Christmas. They got together and bought blue and orange towels, an SU trashcan (where many would argue their football team has been living for the past few years), a SU rug and my mom, who is where much of my creativity comes from, even took a Syracuse flag and sewed it onto a shower curtain.


We took things a bit further last weekend by hanging a few clipping from when SU won the national championship.

And I also decoupaged another switch plate cover saving it from the humiliation caused by the previous switch plate painting owners:

And the outlet cover... (Look closely, you'll see that not only did the previous owners believe in painting over switch plate and outlet overs, they actually painted the OUTLETS themselves.

So here it is, perhaps one of the few of its kind in the world. An official, Syracuse University Bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails