Sunday, August 30, 2009

Slow down... you move too fast.

Ok - time to admit one of my biggest flaws. I rush my creativity.

I'm fighting that right now. My post from last night is a classic example. The desk is turning out awesome. Beyond Awesome. It's BeAwesome. (love that movie.)

But I digress.

I love the desk. I want the desk done. But I can't rush it.

The second coat is drying now and I'd love to tack the back of it on tonight and drag it up stairs. But I'm not going to. The paint needs to cure, and I'd love to get a coat of varnish on it to help protect it. This desk will house my freelance computer and it gets a lot of use. I don't want to look at it in 2 months and wish that I had spend the extra couple of days doing it right.

So I'll wait.

But I won't like it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We have a saying: Rush is the Devil's work.

    I like it how you introduce yourself in the Profile: "Just generally creative" , "not specifically creative in any one way". That would describe me too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails