Sadly, so little in our house is "done"... we've lived here 4 years and with the exception of the kids rooms, I wouldn't say anything is more than 80% done. (Our Barnyard Nursery and the Bug's room are online.)
And one of the worst rooms in our house, is the master bedroom, I know, I know... it should be a priority, and it was when we moved in. We bought all new furniture, but, I fear we've bought the wrong furniture. That is another post entirely for another day...
What we're here to do is Price My Space.
So while my master bedroom may be a failure right now, it is home to one of my favorite little nooks in the house. Our Plant shelf:
When we moved it I instantly had a vision for how it would look. Bug given that it was a rather useless space (above the double doors leading to the hallway), I didn't want to spend a lot. Here is the break down of how we did it.
- Throw blanket, originally $39.99 at Linens and Things, bought on clearance for $19
- Ironwork. TJ Maxx, "compare price" was $29.99 each. Their price $19.99, on clearance for $12 each.
- Trunk... oh this trunk. How I lusted for this trunk, it was $89 at Target. No way could I justify it. Then I found one that was badly damaged, it looked like it had been crushed. They had it on clearance for $50. I brought it to the manager and they took one look at it and gave it to me for $30. All it took was some pushing, pulling and carefully placed "L" brackets and it looks great. The lid doesn't actually close, but I don't need it to.
- 3 Black Candle Sticks and white candles. I found set exactly like them at Pier 1 for about $60 if memory serves me correctly. I paid $30 for this set at TJ Maxx
- Topiary. Originally $49.99 at Micheals. Used a 40% off coupon to get it for $29.
- Cute little bird house. Originally $19 at JoAnn's. Used a 40% off coupon and got if for $11.
- Carved Woodwork. Found at TJ Maxx, their "compare price" was $49, they were selling it for $29 and it was in the clearance section for $14!!!
- Letter "B" - The only thing I paid "full price for". At TJ Maxx for $9, their "compare price" was $15.
I spent $137!!!
And I had a wonderful time putting it together... at least one area in my master bedroom works, lucky it is right across from my bed so I get to look at it often.