The boxes started like this:
Knowing exactly what I wanted to do with them prior to having all the materials I went ahead and started... so there is no pure materials shot for this one.
Here is the list:
- Paper Mache Boxes
- Spray paint
- Spray Adhesive
Thankfully, it took just a few days.
I started by selecting which pattern would go with which top, and decided to use the biggest pattern on the biggest top, the mid size pattern on the middle size and the smallest on the little one. Seemed to make sense that way.
The process for these was very similar to what I did for the toile photo boxes. With the exception that I didn't wrap the fabric all the way around and under the box top, the fit of these boxes was just too snug. I was worried if I went all the way around, I'd never the the tops on, or back off.
So I just brought the fabric to the edge and trimmed it.
I did get a close up of how the method for the corners really produces such a clean edge.
And here are the finished cream and black boxes.
They are exactly what I wanted.