Friday, February 5, 2010

Love Blocks

So this is the project that drove me to cut my own blocks...

Here are the materials:
 
Pictured and not pictured:
  • 6 2x2" blocks, which as I discussed are actually 1.5"x1.5"
  • Various squares of paper cut to 1.5"x1.5"
  • Hearts
  • The letters "L", "O", "V" and "E" any way you want... I picked 6 different fonts
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush
And from there is is pretty darn easy... Just put the paper squares on each side of the blocks.


And then the letters... one letter per block, so you've got one block with 6 "L's" and one with 6 "O's" and so on and so on... then add the hearts to the last two blocks and you get this:

 

  

They didn't quite turn out like I expected... but they are growing on me. I decided to go with non-traditional Valentine colors and I'm really happy with that aspect.  

Linking up to Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors. 

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing all your projects with your new cricut. I've always wondered what you could do with one.
    Thanks,
    Deb P.
    PS. I made your fudge. It was yummy! I think my daughter and I ate 3/4 of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh The fudge... It is wonderful isn't it. Now I want to dig through my pantry and see if I've got the ingredients to make it.

    So happy you're enjoying the projects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails