Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Money Envelope

I'm working on my own envelope book, similar to the one that Megan featured back in January.

I'm a huge fan of the envelope budgeting system, it worked so well for me last year, but I let it go and my budget went right along with it and I've been wanting to get back to it. Figured these great little envelope book was a great way to work with it.

But first, I wanted to create my on envelope... for some reason I love the bank envelopes. The shape, the aspect ration, the opening at the top...


I started by taking one apart and measuring the flaps.

 

I was going to just cut them using the above as a template, but then I decided to let this be my first project in SCAL. And here is the result after creating the template in SCAL and cutting it on my Cricut.

From there, I scored the folds of the envelope:

 

Then I glued the long edge:

And the bottom edge:


And now, I've got the template to make the envelopes for my book... more on that soon.

 

2 comments:

  1. I have heard great things about the envelope system and now you can save money and enjoy doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking back to me. :) I love the idea of using bank envelopes! Plus by making your own you can use paper with fun patterns or even color code things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails