Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blog Meet Bench, Bench Meet Blog

I have a story to tell you... it is about a woman who wanted to freshen up her master bedroom. She had already investing a lot of time and money, especially money, into this bedroom. And yet she hated it.

HATED IT.

She decided she had WAY too much invested to hate the room so she set off to TJ Maxx with the intention of spending about $100 to get what she needed to upgrade the bedroom.

And it worked!!!

She found everything she needed, a new quilt, pillows, a curtain panel and a few accessories. But wait... what is that over there. Over there in the furniture section.

A bench.

A glorious bench, nothing like that the woman would typically buy. It was very different. Iron base... which was good, the room already had too much wood. Zebra upholstered top.... ZEBRA I TELL YOU!!!

It was too different. It was too much.

She left it.

She went home and feel back in love with her bedroom as the new items fixed all that was wrong with the bedroom. Paint landed on a desk and her workspace was transformed.

But, she coveted the bench. She couldn't live without it. It was all she thought about.

So just few days later she returned for the amazing bench.

It. Was. Gone.

GONE I TELL YOU!!!

She visited every TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Home Goods in the area. She enlisted the help of friends (Hi Cass!!!), Googled herself silly.

No bench.

And then, last week... she returned to TJ Maxx with her good luck charm (Hi Cass!!!) and what did she find... no, not the exact bench, but just about as close as you can imagine. This one, has a brown base, not black, and the top is brown and black zebra not white and black.

Oh yes, It because mine!!!

Blog Meet Bench, Bench Meet Blog.

 

Soooo now... the question is, do I just live with this bench, or do I try to transform it into THE bench... I turned to my friend photoshop for some advise.
Here is the bench with black legs:


 
 
Me likey.
And here is the bench with the black legs and white and black top:
 

Wow.
Do you have any idea how out of character this bench is for me??? Do you have any idea how much I love it!!!

I'm going to live with the pictures for a while and see what I want to do... either way, that tag is coming off. The bench is MINE!!!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you went outside of yourself and fell in love with this. We all need a little zebra print in our lives:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv it...I have touches of ZEBRA print in my home and it makes me HAPPY! Come by and check out my CASH GIVEAWAY...I think you will like it!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. persistence pays off, huh? love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I've been on that kind of hunt myself. Now I just buy it and leave it in the car in the bag until I know for sure. It's a pain because sometimes they never make it back, but it's better than the chase.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie your blog is awesome. You have super tutorials and ideas posted. I've enjoyed my first visit and am now a follower. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to your blog and laughed when I read about the bedroom that you are not happy with even after all the time and money you had spent on it. I have the same story and felt better after reading about someone in the same situation. I will be blogging about it in the next week, as I've just started my renovation series and will be working through the house room by room. So glad you found your bench though.
    Have a great day,
    Dana from Canada

    PS I loved the crayon pictures. I will go back to check for a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo...I love it! How funny that my Fabulous Found post today featured Animal Print! Yes, I say ya gotta have a little animal print in your life!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails