Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm not sure where to start...

with this project...

My mom gave me the campaign chest that belonged to my grandparents. It is in need of some TLC and I have no idea where to start. For now, I'm just enjoying having it. It fits perfectly in our foyer, like the space and the chest were destined to come together.



I love the coloring of it, I don't want to paint it (I know my grandfather would roll over in his grave if I did...). I just want to to do what I can to help it look as good as it can.

One thing I know I won't change, the lining of the drawers.


It is the wallpaper that my grandmother used in their home that I loved so much, and still miss. It's funny, I don't remember the wallpaper, it makes me sad that I don't. Each year goes by and memories fade.

But I'm so happy to have this piece in our home. I'll cherish it always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails