Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby Bear's Butt Goes Here -->

Some how, over the past 3 and half years... my sweet baby boy, has grown up. How did this sweet little guy... grow up???


Another sweet adorable baby picture since I didn't have this blog when Baby Bear was a baby...


I mean seriously - a baby that cute? There should be a law against them growing up don't you think???

Well, it happened, he's grown up and that sweet little baby, is now a little boy:


Being a 3 year old little boy, it is time for preschool. Our preschool asks parents to decorate and bring in a wash cloth to be used as their "Sit Upon." They tell you the decorating is optional... at least that is what my husband said, I don't know about that. I stopped listening and started planning as soon as they said "decorate."

And so that is how, yesterday morning, I brought my sweet baby bear outside to snap this very first 1st day of school photo with his "buddy" in one hand and his big boy "sit upon" in the other.


Here is what I used to create Baby Bear's sit upon.

  • Wash cloth
  • Heat n Bond
  • 2 Fat Quarter of fabric
  • Ribbon
  • Thread
  • Iron
  • Sewing Machine
  • Scissors
Step 1 - Iron the Heat Bond to the wrong side of the fat quarters.


Step 2 - Cut out the desired shape... in this case, his name, out of one of the fabrics.


Step 3 - Remove the backing of the heat bond and iron them to the other fat quarter.



Step 4 - Cut around the letters and then iron the pieces onto the wash clothe.



Step 5 - Then, using a contrasting thread, a thicker one that I usually would be this is preschool, I zig-zagged around the letters.


Step 6 - Next, an orange ribbon around the edge because in our family, you can't have blue without orange. You just can't.


One more look at the sweet baby bear getting ready to head off to preschool.


*sigh* I love being Momma Bear to this little guy.

1 comment:

  1. Aw...that last photo is so cute. I love the butt matt you made... its very cute.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails