Wednesday, November 11, 2009

ReStore Visit.

I'm giddy... last month they opened a Habitat for Humanity ReStore 5 miles from our house and I visited it today. We've been to a Restore before, there is one in the next town over, but it is on the opposite side of town and the only reason to head out that way - is for the ReStore.

For those of you who haven't been to a Restore or know what it is - well first, let me say, you're missing out. It is basically a thrift store with a home improvement angle. People/contractors donate items either reclaimed from renovations or left over from building/improvements. You can get everything from appliances and cabinets to tiles and flooring... plus light fixtures, bathroom fixtures, molding, and all other kinds of odds and ends. Some slightly used, some more than used and quite a lot of it, brand new.

And all proceeds from the ReStore, go to Habitat for Humanity. You can learn more - check it out here.

Here are a few photos from my visit today:




 

And here is what I picked up:


4 sets of interior shutters, a box of glazed porcelian stone tiles and a set 3 silver bowls. All for under $40. Everything is already on its way to being wonderful projects.

3 comments:

  1. So neat! I'd never heard of this before. No wonder - there are ReStores in 48 states. Vermont isn't one of them.
    Can't wait to see what you do with the stuff you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very surprising that Vermont doesn't have a ReStore - I'd would have thought they would have been one of the first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maggie, you have just made my day!!!! I have never heard of these stores but think it will become quite addicting. Now, just need a house to start decorating:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails