Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A painting projects bestfriend is

Photoshop.

Or something similar.

While planning some of the rooms in our house - I've loved turning to photoshop to test out what was going to work best for our space.

Take my son's room for example. We took this staged picture:


 And brought it into photoshop where I played with the color choices that we were playing with.

This is what we thought going in was going to be the winning choice:



Or maybe it was this:



Hmmmm... what about this:



Or...



But then this, began growing on us more and more:


Yes... the last option was perfect. So we broke out the paint and here is how close our mock up came to what we ended up with.



I'm trilled that we were able to experiment so much in photoshop before actually painting a stroke.

If you haven't seen it, here is the finished nursery.

2 comments:

  1. That's so neat! I can't believe that you just posted this, because I was sitting in my dining room trying to figure out how to paint. I know the accent color I want, I just can't figure out how many walls to use it on. Can you come up and play at my house, please??????? :)
    Any ideas on accent walls? Our house is a total open floor plan, so it's hard to know where to stop painting. I thought about just doing one wall/section at a time until it looks right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to accent walls - I like to follow the rule of thirds, where no more than 1/3 of the space would be the accent color and the remaining 2/3rds would be your base color.

    And there are different ways to use the accent color. Go for an entire wall, or add a chair rail and put the accent color on the bottom or top portion... of course chair rails are not limited to the traditional type of molding. You can go with virtually anything.

    Feel free to email me pictures of your space and I'll shoot you some ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails