Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wedding Quilt

This is another post that I have nothing to do with... we'll except for the fact that the piece hangs in my home.

This beautiful quilt was a wedding gift from my father's sister, my Aunt Rusty:


There is so much symbolism in this quilt. The pattern is the "Ohio Star" - representing my Aunt and her family who've lived in Ohio for many years. The fabric in the center of each star, hydrangea, the flower I used on our invitation and throughout our wedding (though amazingly my Aunt didn't know it when she picked it, she theorized it must have been my father's hand guiding her to pick it.)


The quilt now hangs in the staircase, someday it might be on our bed, but I just can't bear to hide it away in our bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails