Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday's Fixin' to do it

  • fixin to

vernacular peculiar to the the southern US, means one is about to do something or it is in the process of being done.


Most of my project are completed over the course of the weekend, so heading into each weekend - I thought I'd give an accounting of what I'm "fixin' to" do. There are so many creative people and I'm hoping that if I mention what I've got on deck, I might get some great suggestion to keep in mind while working on thing.

This weekend, we're headed to NJ. Which for some, might mean no projects.

But I've got a lot of research to do this weekend and that can easily be done on the road. Here is what I've got to look into:
  • Planning for my 2nd year Daisy Troop, they've still got 9 petals to complete before bridging to Brownies. 
  • Accessories for a girly girl bedroom in an apartment. One of my girl friends just moved with her 4 kids, 2 girls/2 boys, into an apartment and she wants to dress up the girls room with some girly girl accessories. I'm packing all my decorating magazines to compile a list of apartment friendly ideas.
  • While on the road, I'm hoping to figure a way to wrap some stars out of craft wire, we'll see how that goes.
  • And finally - Christmas gifts. I'm already thinking about them and I want to start making a list so I know what I've got to make and what I've got to budget for. 
In case you weren't following my blog last Christmastime, I did a series of handmade Holiday ideas.  I'll be doing it again this year but here are my favorites from last year:


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you come up with this year! These are adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these Christmas ideas! and have to admit I adored Vickies tree's too! so glad you thought of how to create this version of them. Totally going to do for the Holidays this year.

    I must admit I thought of your blog last night as I was scrapping together supplies to make a home for my earings. Not as cute as some of the things on here, but practial and free! Any ideas? I quickly looked and didn't see any in past posts. I simply took some plastic that I had used for Easter baskets and put ribbon tape around the edges then hung it with free Vera Bradley binder clips I got a few years back to add some color. But since it's hanging in my bathroom I'd like something a little prettier.

    Thanks and can't wait for more of your ideas!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie -

    You know - I've got to start thinking of some jewelry solutions. I've got mine in 3 locations - and now that I'm MAKING jewelry - oh my, this could get messy.

    I'd love to see a finished picture of your solution!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails