Sunday, August 1, 2010

From Bed to Daybed

Things are going really well in my daughter's room makeover.

One of the first things we have tackled has been her bed. Keeping in mind that she doesn't actually sleep in it. For the past year and half she's been sleeping in her brother's room - they've got bunk beds in there and it just works for them.

The purpose of Bug's room is really for her to have a place to play, hang out with her friends and keep her stuff/clothes. So we decided convert her bed into a daybed. Here is her bed before:


Nothing too fancy, a simple white pine bed that we painted white and used regular bedding for.

And here is her new daybed:



And here is her and her best friend already enjoying the new space. I could barely pry them off the daybed this afternoon to add new pillows and take pictures. They used it to play their DS's on, listen to music on Bug's iPod and we actually found them both passed out there after their visit to the pool.


Over the coming week, I'll share how I made each of the pillows on the daybed and how we went from this:


To this:

Linking up to the CSI Challenge @ CSI Project - see the full list of fabulous link parties that I participate in by scanning the column on the right.

21 comments:

  1. Super cute-I really like the color of the bedspread!

    Cheers!
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! My girls would have loved something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I am looking to do something similar since I can not find a day bed I like. I just would like to find a trundle that will fit under the bed I have now. So I can condense 2 twins to one. I love all the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place for kiddos to hang out. Looking fwd to more info about the pillows, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun colors! I love little girls' rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Looks so cute! Love the pillows!
    ♥ Aleesha
    http://ready-set-create.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how arranging the bed against the wall and dressing it as a daybed can totally change the room and the bed's use! As a decorator, I often do little things like this to save a client money on a big ticket item. Then we have $ for accessories, which are the fun part of decorating anyway! LOL
    Nice change you made! Here from Suzanne's.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that simple but wow transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! I absolutely love those colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great. I can't wait to see the rest of the room as you complete it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Your daughter is lucky to have such a creative mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet bedroom, she's a lucky little girl!!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  13. neat idea! come on over and link up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! I especially love the graphics (and sentiments expressed) on the wall. A lucky girl to have a creative and caring mom,

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so cozy! What a great place to read and have girl talk. I'm sure your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those colorful circle pillows--great print and really brightens up the bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is too cute! I will have to keep this idea in my archives for when my girls are better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooh it's so cute and the girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oops, I forgot to say, stopping by from Meridian Road.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colors and textures that you used! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails